Direct Care/ Caregiver
At Eastco Diversified Services, Inc. our mission is to support individuals with special needs in pursuit of homes, jobs and activities of their choice within our community.
Eastco is currently looking for several Direct Care Professional / Caregiver for our seven group homes in the Portland/Gresham area. We offer many different varieties of schedules to cater to the intellectually and developmental disabled adults we support, each requiring different levels of care. Our DSP’s are paid to support these individuals with their ADL’s which may include, but are not limited to, medication administration, meal prep, and light housekeeping. As a DSP you will promote community integration and independence by offering choices of preferred activities such as bowling, picnics, trips to the zoo, going to movies, going out to eat, etc. as well as assisting with financial transactions, building social skills, and completing weekly, monthly, and annual goals.
- New!!! Starting Pay is $13.00/hr, $13.50 after 90 days and $14.00 after a year.
- $50.00 Hiring Bonus
- $100 additional Bonus After 90 days!!
- Excellent Benefit package for employees who regularly work 30+ hours a week includes: Medical, Dental, Short-term and Long-Term disability and Life Insurance.
- Sick time for all employees
- Vacation time for all employees who regularly work 35+ hours a week.
We are seeking the following characteristics in a DSP:
- Sense of humor
- Self motivated
- Problem solver
- Good Communicator
- Basic computer skills
- Medical knowledge or the willingness to learn about diabetic care, seizures, catheter care, and/or feeding tubes
- Team orientated
- Valid Oregon Driver License and driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier
- Physical ability to perform job duties – limited lifting and transferring may be required depending on work site
- Basic computer skills
- Previous experience caring for individuals with special needs is not required, but is preferred
We provide CPR and First Aid certification if needed upon hire; additional job-specific training is provided including use of Therap© software for online documentation and medication administration. Eastco also provides ongoing training during your employment!
We would be excited to have you be part of our growing team. To apply fill out an application online go to www.eastcods.org or you can pick up an application between 8:00 and 3:00 at our main office: 215 SW Walulla Ave, Gresham OR 97080. If selected you will be contacted by phone or email within a few business days to schedule a meet and greet.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.